The Summer Photography Course
Become a great photographer this summer
Our workshop series exposes you to lots of great locations and topics, gradually builds your skills and confidence to become a great photographer.
We highly recommend booking on the full series, 100% of people who have done so recommend it and our pricing means you can save around 33% on individual bookings – all because we want to you to get the most from the summer.
The Best Way TO Learn
You can learn a lot in a day – but you can forget most of it in a week!
The key to learning is
- Learning new topics step by step
- Following a process that works for you
- reinforcing your current knowledge
- gradually building on strong foundations.
It’s like the layers of an onion – each workshop builds on the last, and adds a little more, till eventually you become a rounded, confident camera master.
This why we create the summer nights workshops – for beginners, it’s the perfect alternative to learning masses of info on a 1-day workshop.
10 Fantastic Workshops
Phil came on a full summer workshop series in 2014….
[su_quote cite=”Phil Gledhill”]The workshop I learned the most from was the Summer & Winter Night Workshops. Each session brought something different and encouraged me to be more creative. I met some great people and visited some weird and wonderful places.[/su_quote]
Here’s the plan…
What you will learn
We gradually introduce you to new skills over the summer – each session buildings on the last one.
[su_box title=”What You’ll Learn” style=”soft” box_color=”#f62f16″ radius=”7″]
You will learn:-
How to instantly compose great landscapes, portraits, cars and street scenes
How to make blurry backgrounds, or totally sharp shots
Basics of camera control – Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO and focal length – when to use them
How to use your kit – camera settings, lenses, tripods and filters etc.
How “manual exposure” and “metering” works – so you get the right brightness every time
How a photographer “sees” the world
A curious approach to imaging making – experimenting, learning by “trying” rather than just theory.
How to place people in a photo to fit into the background
How to avoid confusing backgrounds to your photos
How to find focal points which viewers will instantly recognise
How to focus on the right thing every time
How to shoot with confidence and take your hobby to the next level
When do they run?
Usually, they are on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month – all the dates are below
They start at 7PM and end at 10PM, sometimes a little later if we’re on a roll!
- 4th – Location Portraits for Beginners
- 25th – The Blues Brothers (Leeds)
- 8th – Ferrybridge Cooling Towers From 2 Angles and Pontefract Lake Sunset
- 22nd – Harewood Bridge and Almsclife Crag
- 6th – Yellow Fields, Beal and Eggborough Chapel
- 13th – Burley Weir, Cow and Calf
- 10th – TVR – The Manor, Drighlington
- 24th – Cars – Dean Clough, Halifax
- 7th – Knaresborough – Castle, Viaduct, River and market square
- 14th – Salford Quays – Media City Sunsets
Challenge your creativity, learn lots of new skills, have fun, stay safe and make new friends
- are for everyone – beginners, intermediate and advanced people – each will get different things from the workshops, but all will learn and experience new things
- 1-2-1 and group tuition on each topic – excercises for you to try out
- gets you out to places you’ve never seen – based on 15 years of driving around Yorkshire looking for stuff to shoot!
- widen your experience with varied topics
- introduce you to like-minded photographers
- build friendships
- work in a safe group environment
Extra Lightroom Sessions
People have asked for occasional processing sessions, these are not part of the series, but we’ll happily run them over the summer when people want them.
The format will be:-
- People “dropbox” us some RAW files from a workshop (everyone can do this)
- We all take laptops to the session (location will depend on size of group)
- We all load the photos into LIGHTROOM
- Ade guides you through ideas on editing each photo
- You all follow by doing it on your laptop – or come up with alternative ideas
Pricing will be between £20-£30, depending on room hire costs and the number of attendees.
Book the 10 workshops NOW – Save £130
* The workshops are £35 individually, plus £3 Eventbrite fee – so if you book the whole Photography Course now, it’s just £250 via bank transfer.
Can’t make the whole Photography Course – Book 4 or more and save on booking fees
If you can’t make them all, but want to come on 4 or more – we’ve set up a way to pay by bank transfer, avoiding EVENTBRITE fees – saving you between £12 and £36
[su_button url=”https://mcfadephotography.17hats.com/p#/lcf/pfdvssdzvbxwdswnvhkvbdfrcwcsxtrf” target=”blank” style=”soft” background=”#0bd33d” size=”11″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: camera” desc=”Book 4 Or More Workshops Here”]Pay by Bank Transfer[/su_button]
Flexible Ad Hoc Booking
If you have an unpredictable calendar, then this is the best option – just go to our EVENTBRITE page and book there. You can book right up to the same day as a workshop so you’ll never miss out
[su_button url=”http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/mcfade-photography-amp-training-7230694017″ target=”blank” style=”soft” background=”#0bd33d” size=”11″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: camera” desc=”Book individual workshops here”]Go To EVENTBRITE Booking Page[/su_button]