Never take a boring photo again
With our 3 main tips, everything you can see can make a great photo
Saturday 29th April – 12 Noon to 4PM
Meet at Cenotaph, Headrow, Leeds – Outside the Henry Moore Institute – near the Town Hall
Enjoy a variety afternoon in Leeds with pro-photographer Ade Wilson .
Ade will explain, demonstrate and help you nail 3 simple techniques which will change how you see the world – and take photo.
Creative & Fun – with lots of ideas
Today is all about :-
- curiosity and discovery
- seeing like a photographer,
- using puddles for reflections,
- taking photos from different angles
- making familiar things look amazing
- answering any of your questions
It’s not about lots of confusing camera settings – we can show you that a different day.
Who is it for?
Anyone – we’ve helped teenagers up to enthusiasts in their 70’s – so long as they can walk around a mile in 4 hours, they’re welcome. Younger people can be accompanied by parents at no extra cost.
It really is for any camera too – we’ll spend time with everyone individually to answer questions and show them a few cool things you can do.
Ever wondered how to get those blurry backgrounds you see on Pro photos? We’ll show you how we do it – in minutes.
What do you get when you book?
- One place on the workshop – this is 4 hours long, including time with you individually
- “Take Better Photos with ANY Camera” – our hints, notes and tips guide for the workshop – a PDF they can bring on their phone/tablet or print for the day.
What happens on the day?
The workshops meet outside the Henry Moore Institute on the Headrow in Leeds – next to the Cenotaph.
We vary the route around Leeds – it depends a lot on the weather as no one wants to get soaking wet!
Here’s a typical workshop:-
- Once everyone is there we have a quick “welcome” chat – showing photos on a tablet
- Demonstration of a the 3 concepts – covering powerful, but simple, ideas.
- Shooting around a mix of the following:-
- the Library, gallery and town hall.
- Millennium Square – the Civic hall and Museum area.
- University area – some great new architecture and lots of road bridges to get blurry car photos from.
- Leeds Arena – modern building, lots of people milling around to get some street shots of.
- Victoria Quarter – County Arcade and Victoria Gate, the old and new of high end shopping – fantastic to shoot
- Corn Exchange – beautiful inside and out – we usually finish here.
After the workshop, we often pop into Whitelocks’s Ale House for a pint and chat – all are welcome!
How to Book
Booking is 100% electronic and you can do it by adding this workshop to your basket and checking out – just like any website
Payment can be by:-
- Paypal – instant
- Online banking – when you book, we’ll send our details and you can transfer funds then. As soon as the funds are in our account, we complete the sale – simple!